Get a FREE Car Survival Kit when you buy a Water Barrel Package and Family Survival Kit. CLICK HERE
This Water Barrel Package is the most practical choice when storing bulk water. In a large-scale earthquake disaster, underground water systems might be damaged, this will leave you without running water.
Watch the video below on how to store safe drinking water for long term.
For the Family: 1 Water Barrel Package is recommended for each household.
A 3-day drinking water is not enough, plan for 14 days. You will need water not only for drinking, but also for cooking, cleaning, and sanitation. This water barrel will provide you with 55 gals. of clean safe water.
Having a backup water supply will make a huge difference in determining whether you are a victim or a survivor in a disaster.
Find out all the recommended supplies for your family and download your free report for a realistic and practical preparedness guide. Click Here.
For School/Large Business Site: 1 Water Barrel is recommended for every 50 persons at your site.
Emergency supply of water and food is for your evacuee's welfare, they might stay at your site for a few days if there's are problems with transportation. Single water pouches may be handy for easy distribution, but they are not economical for bulk water storage.
Generate the ideal team structure and recommended supplies for your school/site. Use our Disaster Preparedness Calculator here.
Save money with our Emergency Water Barrel package that includes a 55 gallon Water Storage Barrel with a Water Barrel Hand Pump that adjusts to 4 or 8 oz. per stroke. The Hand Pump has tubes that snap together to reach the bottom of the barrel for complete use of all your stored emergency water. Also included is a Water Preserver treatment that is EPA approved and provides a five year storage (creates sterile water) and a Bung Wrench to loosen and tighten the caps to create an airtight environment.
Water storage costs for the 55 gallon barrel package is $2.03 per gallon for the first fill. Over 5 years those costs only average out $22.40 per year. The second 5 years your cost per gallon is only $0.23 cents per gallon to refill (the cost of the water preserver). That is less than $0.05 cents per year for the next 5 years. Now that is cost effective water storage.
For Emergency Water Storage, be prepared to store at least one gallon per person, per day. Plan on 3-5 days of water for earthquake preparedness at work (home 2 weeks). The damage to local water system infrastructures will be significant. Water is the one thing you can't fake. Plan for food preparation, hygiene, drinking, first aid when calculating your needs.
Here's a quick and complete guide on how to safely store water long term
Items you need to safely store water long term:1. NEW Water Barrel or other containers that are made from High-Density Polyethylene. You will know this by the markings of the barrel HDPE, stands High-Density Polyethylene, for with the #2 with the recycle symbol at the bottom of the container.
2. Drinking Water Hose. You can get this in a store like Walmart, you can also get a Water Barrel Hand Pump for easy distribution of water.
3. Barrel Bung Wrench to open and seal your barrel.
4. Water Preserver Concentrate. This is the first and only product accepted and proven safe for 5-year water storage. It’s proven effective in over 12 years of testing and use. It’s also recognized by the EPA. Its Proprietary formula and strict laboratory analysis insure potency. Water Preserver™ kills, and prevents the re-growth of Coliform bacteria and other disease-causing microorganisms for 5 years, when used as directed. Water Preserver™ kills the pathogenic organisms responsible for typhoid, dysentery and other serious diseases, and also kills and prevents growth of yeast, mold, fungi and algae which also make water undrinkable.
Direction:1. Rinse the barrel
2. Add 5 Gallons of Water
3. Add all the Water Preserver Concentrate
4. Close the Cap Loosely
5. Slosh mixture to sanitize the barrel
6. Continue to fill the barrel within 2-3" from the top
7. Tighten the caps using your bung wrench
8. Mark the date when you fill it.
For more information read our article on "How To Store Water"
Send us an email via web-form and we will get back to you within 24 hours.
If you have concerns about your order, the fastest way to reach us via phone call.
Our tall-free number is 1-888-705-2184, you can call us during business hours (Mon. – Fri. 8:00 – 5:00).
Disaster Survival Skills, LLC
PO Box 10008 Palm Desert CA 92255