For Disaster Response Teams at schools who are responsible for the survival of children in an emergency or earthquake. The ''Disaster Response Guide for Schools'' is a perfect match for your disaster plan and and a great compliment to your Disaster Survival Kits.
For Disaster Response Teams at schools who are responsible for emergency preparedness and disaster response and rescue at the school site, the ''Disaster Response Guide for Schools'' is a perfect match for your disaster plan and is a great compliment to your Disaster Survival Kits.
Don't let your disaster/emergency response teams become overwhelmed, disorganized and confused because "they just didn't know what to do." This 21 page commonsense step by step guide provides your staff with clear actions that need to be taken in the specific order necessary to overcome chaos and confusion. This booklet is packed with proven strategies to enable teachers to save lives.
Checkout our School Earthquake Preparedness Guide and Checklist, I've put together all the important things that matter to a school and help you to create a real world plan and response to an emergency.
About the Disaster Response Guide for Schools
- The guide covers Team Organization using SEMS and NIMS as the standard for organizational structure, while working with the limits and realities of school site staffing.
- Proper evacuation is critical for student survival and the treatment of the injured victims in the classroom. The three things absolutely necessary for a successful evacuation are outlined.
- Light Urban Search and Rescue techniques and strategies for quick and safe removal of trapped and non-trapped victims. Highlighted is the correct way to use cribbing for entrapped children.
- Covers First Aid Operations including Triage, your Disaster First Aid set up and treatment area. Includes our Triage flow chart for the rapid evaluation and prioritization of victim care. We show the correct way to lay out your Disaster First Aid area including the most efficient way to position the victims.
- How to use fire extinguishers and the shutting off of Gas and Water utility valves.
Send us an email via web-form and we will get back to you within 24 hours.
If you have concerns about your order, the fastest way to reach us via phone call.
Our tall-free number is 1-888-705-2184, you can call us during business hours (Mon. – Fri. 8:00 – 5:00).
Disaster Survival Skills, LLC
PO Box 10008 Palm Desert CA 92255