Ensure the integrity of your emergency water supply with our durable plastic Bung Wrench. This essential tool is crafted for a snug fit to open and close bung caps on your Emergency Water Storage Barrels , securing your water against contamination. It's a must-have for any emergency kit, and its dual functionality as a gas meter shut-off tool adds to its utility. Without a Bung Wrench, accessing water in your 55-gallon barrel could be futile in an emergency. It's designed to work seamlessly with our barrels, making it a vital part of your water storage plan.
Use of a Bung Wrench
Have you ever tried to open a 55 gallon water barrel? If yes, then you probably found it impossible to unscrew the plug. If you haven’t, now is the time to try it out.
Barrels are usually used to either store or transport liquids Just imagine: without a barrel bung wrench, you might find yourself following a disaster with a barrel full of water and this is your only chance to survive, but you don’t have that special bung wrench to access your water! Always store a bung wrench and a hand pump with your water barrel.
We only sell one size bung wrench that works perfectly with our 55 gallon Water Barrels.
Don't forget, as part of a complete package for long term water storage to add Water Preserver Concentrate specifically designed to pre-treat 55 gallons of water for emergency storage of up to 5 years.
Here's a quick and complete guide on how to safely store water long term.
Items you need to safely store water long term:
1. NEW Water Barrel or other containers that are made from High-Density Polyethylene. You will know this by the markings of the barrel HDPE, stands High-Density Polyethylene, for with the #2 with the recycle symbol at the bottom of the container.
2. Drinking Water Hose. You can get this in any supermarket like Walmart, you can also get a Water Barrel Hand Pump for easy distribution of water.
3. Barrel Bung Wrench to open and seal your barrel.
4. Water Preserver Concentrate. This is the first and only product accepted and proven safe for 5-year water storage. It’s proven effective in over 12 years of testing and use. It’s also recognized and licensed by the U.S. and the state EPA’s Proprietary formula and strict laboratory analysis insure potency. Water Preserver™ kills, and prevents the re-growth of Coliform bacteria and other disease-causing microorganisms for 5 years, when used as directed. Water Preserver™ kills the pathogenic organisms responsible for typhoid, dysentery and other serious diseases, and also kills and prevents growth of yeast, mold, fungi and algae which also make your water undrinkable.
Directions:1. Rinse the barrel
2. Add 5 Gallons of Water
3. Add all the Water Preserver Concentrate
4. Close the Cap Loosely
5. Slosh mixture to sanitize the barrel and the cap threads
6. Continue to fill the barrel within 2-3" from the top
7. Tighten the caps using your bung wrench
8. Mark the date on the barrel when you filled it.
Send us an email via web-form and we will get back to you within 24 hours.
If you have concerns about your order, the fastest way to reach us via phone call.
Our tall-free number is +1-760-628-5987, you can call us during business hours (Mon. – Fri. 8:00 – 5:00).
Disaster Survival Skills, P.O. Box 10008 Palm Desert CA 92255