Our 55 gallon blue Emergency Water Storage Barrel allows you to store quantities large enough for your school or homes disaster preparedness needs. This is the most economical and safest way to store water long term for emergencies. Built for long term Water Storage, this 55 gal. blue emergency water storage barrel is the safe way to store bulk amounts of water long term for Business, Schools, and Home.
Simply add tap water, then treat with Water Preserver which will sterilize the water. Then tighten the caps with your Bung Wrench so they are airtight. You now have safe water for the next 5 years. At the end of 5 years, simply siphon out the water, and refill with fresh water and re-treat with long-term Water Preserver Concentrate treatment. Don't forget to order a Water Preserver Treatment, bung wrench, and hand pump along with your 55 gallon water barrel. For more information check out our Water Barrel package.
How you store your water is critical for water safety. If you buy your water in plastic one-gallon containers at the grocery store, you must realize that the plastic container is made of permeable plastic. It breathes, which means that bacteria and other contaminants can enter the container affecting water safety. They are not designed for long-term storage. Do not store these containers in the garage or on the concrete because the concrete along with car exhaust, pesticides, paints, solvents, etc. can leach into your water supply.
Don't forget to order a Water Preserver Concentrate treatment, bung wrench, and hand pump. For more information check out our Water Barrel package.
CAUTION! Do not store your emergency water in Used Barrels. These used barrels had something like fruit juice concentrate, cola syrup or even shampoo shipped in them. The stored material will leach into the plastic of the barrel and can't be removed. This is why the companies cannot reuse their own barrels and they sell them or give them away. They are contaminated. They will spoil any fresh water you store in the barrel. Once product is embedded in the plastic it is nearly impossible to clean. You will have a growth that cannot be controlled.
Emergency Water Storage Barrel Key benefits:
- American made- safe plastic for water storage
- Airtight water storage- no contamination
- Heavy duty- will last for years
- Made from safe plastic- won't leach into your water
- Bulk water storage- cost effective
- Safe emergency water that you control
- Peace of mind for your family
Here's a quick and complete guide on how to safely store water long term
Your list of items you need for long term water storage:
1. NEW Water Barrel or other containers that are made from High-Density Polyethylene. Check the barrel for the markings HDPE, which stands for High-Density Polyethylene, with the #2 recycle symbol at the bottom of the container. This means this plastic is safe for food and water storage.
2. Drinking Water Hose. You need a potable water hose that is white with blue stripe. These don't contain lead like a green garden hose. You can buy this hose at a store like Walmart,
3. Make sure you buy a Water Barrel Hand Pump to retrieve your water after the disaster and for easy distribution of the water.
4. Barrel Bung Wrench will fit the specially designed caps for an airtight seal and for easy removal when you need to access your water.
5. Water Preserver Concentrate. You need a safe way to store your tap water. All water has bacteria in it, but you can't have bacteria when storing water. This will lead to bacteria growth. You don't want that for your family.
This is the first and only product accepted and proven safe for 5-year water storage. It’s proven effective in over 15 years of testing and use. It’s also recognized and licensed by the EPA. Its Proprietary formula and strict laboratory analysis insure potency. Water Preserver™ kills, and prevents the re-growth of Coliform bacteria and other disease-causing microorganisms for 5 years, when used as directed. Water Preserver™ kills the pathogenic organisms responsible for typhoid, dysentery and other serious diseases, and also kills and prevents growth of yeast, mold, fungi and algae which would also make your water undrinkable.
Directions:1. Rinse the barrel first with tap water
2. Add 5 Gallons of Water
3. Add all the Water Preserver Concentrate
4. Close the Cap Loosely
5. Slosh mixture around to sanitize the inside of the barrel
6. Continue to fill the barrel within 2-3" from the top
7. Tighten the caps using your bung wrench
8. Mark the date when you filled it, with a 5 year expiration date
Send us an email via web-form and we will get back to you within 24 hours.
If you have concerns about your order, the fastest way to reach us via phone call.
Our tall-free number is +1-760-628-5987, you can call us during business hours (Mon. – Fri. 8:00 – 5:00).
Disaster Survival Skills, P.O. Box 10008 Palm Desert CA 92255