Recommended Earthquake Supplies For Your School
These supplies are recommended for each school site. Use our School Calculator to the exact quantities of supplies ideal for your school.
- For your Incident Command Post - This includes contents for your Incident Commander and Group Supervisors. You will need barricade tapes, walkie-talkies, safety vests, radio, light, bull horn, brass whistle, light sticks, clipboard with NIMS guide, school map. The Incident Command Post Kit & Triage Package includes all the above items. This package also includes Triage System Kit. Ideally, you have 4 Group Supervisors for the main 4 group functions in your emergency response team these are the (Search & Rescue Team, Medical Team, Assembly Team and Family Reunification Team). These supplies will be used to set up your Command Post. They should be away from your first aid area and other high traffic areas. The Incident Commander must be accessible to his/her Group Supervisors but isolated enough to not become overwhelmed.
- For Each Search & Rescue Team - You will need hard hats, safety vests, goggles, gloves, dust masks, knew pads, flashlights, utility tool, window hammer, light sticks, pry bars, ropes, flagging tapes, door wedges, drinking water, duct tapes and markers. The Search & Rescue Team Leader Bag is for each of your S&R Team Leader and the Individual Safety Gear is for each of the S&R Team Members. Additional: Rescue Cribbing. Have 1 set for each school site and get your S&R members to learn how to use the cribbing techniques. When Attempting to rescue victims who are trapped under heavy nonstructural items, always use Cribbing during lifting to secure the victim and rescuers safety.
- For your Medication Operation Team - You will need stretchers, first aid supplies (click here to get the full list), triage tarps and triage tags. The Disaster First Aid Kit is suggested for every 150 persons (eg. get 2 Disaster First Aid Kits if you have 300 people in your school). Triage Tarps and Tags are included in the Incident Command Post Package.
- For your Assembly/Evacuation Area Team - You will need to attend to the basic needs of students while they are waiting for their guardian/parents. This includes Water, Food and Sanitation. For mass water storage, it's economical to store using barrel instead of water pouches. You can also save more by getting food bars in cases/boxes instead of a single purchase. The Sanitation Kit is ideal for every 100 people.
- For Each Classroom - We recommend getting Classroom Evac-Backpack for each of your classrooms. This will enable teachers to treat life-threatening injuries and safely evacuate students.
Why choose our kits?
Our school emergency kits support your staff to be prepared to respond to an emergency or Earthquake. Provide your staff with emergency supplies that will support their efforts.
High-quality supplies. From Classroom Evacuation Packs to Light Search & Rescue to our Disaster First Aid Kits we had your staff in mind when we designed our rescue kits. We pack our kits with supplies that will compliment your staff’s skill level. No waste in our kits. Everything has a designed purpose.
Designed by Professionals. Each emergency kit is professionally designed by Captain Wayne Bennett (Ret.), an accredited trainer for American Heart Association, National Safety Council, CERT, and FEMA.
Dare to compare. Our hard hats all come with adjustable ratchet for a perfect fit instantly. We know in an emergency, your staff will not have time to fiddle with the adjustment to an ill-fitting helmet. We pack bulk first aid dressings that I used on 90% of our emergencies in the field. These are all supplies your staff could use with even the slightest bit of training.
Need Help? Call 1-888-705-2184 and we’ll be happy to assist you.