This plastic Bung Wrench is specially designed to tighten and loosen bung caps on your Emergency Water Storage Barrels to keep your water storage airtight to prevent contamination. Even though you may of never heard of a Bung Wrench, it is one of those tools which is not easily replaced.
Use of Bung Wrench
Have you ever tried to open a 55 gallon water barrel? If yes, then you most probably found it impossible to unscrew the plug. If you haven’t, now is the time to try it out.
Barrels are usually used to either store or transport water. Just imagine: Without a barrel bung wrench, you might find yourself following a disaster with a barrel full of water and this is your only chance to survive but you don’t have that special bung wrench to rescue you! However, you just can’t manage to open it without the water barrel bung wrench. Always store a bung wrench and a hand pump with your water barrel.
A barrel bung wrench comes in different sizes. While shopping for a bung wrench, take special care of the size of the cap on the barrel and buy a bung wrench according to that size. We only sell one size bung wrench that works perfectly with our 55 gallon Water Barrels. The cost of a bung wrench varies according to its quality.
Don’t forget, as part of a complete package for long term water storage to add Water Preserver Concentrate specifically designed to pre-treat 55 gallons of water for emergency storage of up to 5 years.
Here’s a quick and complete guide on how to safely store water long term
Items you need to safely store water long term:
1. NEW Water Barrel or other containers that are made from High-Density Polyethylene. You will know this by the markings of the barrel HDPE, stands High-Density Polyethylene, for with the #2 with the recycle symbol at the bottom of the container.
2. Drinking Water Hose. You can get this in any supermarket like Wallmart, you can also get a Water Barrel Hand Pump for easy distribution of water.
3. Barrel Bung Wrench to open and seal your barrel.
4. Water Preserver Concentrate. This is the first and only product accepted and proven safe for 5-year water storage. It’s proven effective in over 12 years of testing and use. It’s also recognized and licensed by U.S. and state EPA’s Proprietary formula and strict laboratory analysis insure potency. Water Preserver™ kills, and prevents the re-growth of Coliform bacteria and other disease-causing microorganisms for 5 years, when used as directed. Water Preserver™ kills the pathogenic organisms responsible for typhoid, dysentery and other serious diseases, and also kills and prevents growth of yeast, mold, fungi and algae which also make water undrinkable.
1. Rinse the barrel 2. Add 5 Gallons of Water 3. Add all the Water Preserver Concentrate 4. Close the Cap Loosely 5. Slosh mixture to sanitize the barrel 6. Continue to fill the barrel within 2-3″ from the top 7. Tighten the caps using your bung wrench 8. Mark the date when you fill it.