Our 55 gallon Emergency Water Storage Barrel allows you to store quantities large enough for your site or home, the most economical method is water storage barrels. These blue water barrels prevent light from entering, reducing the chance for algae and bacteria growth. A 55 gal. emergency disaster water barrel will provide 3 days minimum storage of drinking water for approximately 48 persons. After the initial cost of the barrel, hand pump, bung wrench and water treatment, your only cost comes again in 5 years when you will need to dump the water, refill and retreat the water container with Water Preserver for another five-year shelf life.
How you store your water is critical for water safety. If you buy your water in plastic one-gallon containers at the grocery store, you must realize that the plastic container is made of permeable plastic. It breathes, which means that bacteria and other contaminants can enter the container affecting water safety. They are not designed for long-term storage. Do not store these containers in the garage or on the concrete because the concrete along with car exhaust, pesticides, paints, solvents, etc. can leach into your water supply.
Built for Survival Water Storage. This 55 gal. blue emergency water storage barrel is the safe way to store bulk amounts of water long term for Business, Schools, and Home. Simply add tap water, then treat with Water Preserver which will sterilize the water. Then tighten the caps with your Bung Wrench so they are airtight. You now have safe water for the next 5 years. At the end of 5 years, simply dump water, re-fill with fresh water and re-treat with long-term Water Treatment. Don’t forget Bung Wrench, Hand Pump & Water Preserver.
Water storage costs for the 55-gallon barrel is $1.27 per gallon. Over 5 years those costs only average out $14.00 per year. Of course, this is not taking into account the cost of your tap water, purely equipment cost. Don’t forget to get a water treatment, bung wrench, and hand pump. For more information check out our Water Barrel package.
CAUTION! Do not store your emergency water in Used Barrels. Once they have had fruit juice concentrate or cola syrup stored in them, the plastic becomes contaminated. Once the product is embedded in the plastic it is nearly impossible to clean. You will have a growth that cannot be controlled.
Emergency Water Storage Barrel Key Features:
- American made
- Airtight water storage
- Heavy duty
- Made from safe plastic
- Bulk water storage
- Cost effective
- Will last for years
Here’s a quick and complete guide on how to safely store water long term
Items you need to safely store water long term:
1. NEW Water Barrel or other containers that are made from High-Density Polyethylene. You will know this by the markings of the barrel HDPE, stands High-Density Polyethylene, for with the #2 with the recycle symbol at the bottom of the container.
2. Drinking Water Hose. You can get this in any supermarket like Wallmart, you can also get a Water Barrel Hand Pump for easy distribution of water.
3. Barrel Bung Wrench to open and seal your barrel.
4. Water Preserver Concentrate. This is the first and only product accepted and proven safe for 5-year water storage. It’s proven effective in over 12 years of testing and use. It’s also recognized and licensed by U.S. and state EPA’s Proprietary formula and strict laboratory analysis insure potency. Water Preserver™ kills, and prevents the re-growth of Coliform bacteria and other disease-causing microorganisms for 5 years, when used as directed. Water Preserver™ kills the pathogenic organisms responsible for typhoid, dysentery and other serious diseases, and also kills and prevents growth of yeast, mold, fungi and algae which also make water undrinkable.
1. Rinse the barrel 2. Add 5 Gallons of Water 3. Add all the Water Preserver Concentrate 4. Close the Cap Loosely 5. Slosh mixture to sanitize the barrel 6. Continue to fill the barrel within 2-3″ from the top 7. Tighten the caps using your bung wrench 8. Mark the date when you fill it.